Thanks btw :)
Wonder if WestMinster are going to keep their half arsed promises of “more powers”. I can’t see it even starting to happen under this government- I mean the Tories have 2 MPs (? or is it 1 i can’t remember) in the entirety of Scotland and the Libdems aren’t exactly known for keeping their promises..
The NW & NE of England have a worse u/e rate than Scotland and in a whole sides with the same sort of thinking. I read an article in the guardian ages ago about how if Scotland went independent they should take northern England & Wales with them. So basically I think everyone is just fed up of London/Southern centric politics.
Not gonna lie if I was Scottish i would have probably voted Yes. But I’m selfish and didn’t want a Conservative government for evermore so I was hopping for a No
Some thoughts on the Independence referendum that I haven’t seen that much:
- Hopefully the 16-18 year olds’ turnout was high enough today for westminster to take the vote at 16 campaign seriously (and maybe even better- improve political education is schools)
- Hopefully Rich, Southern centric MPs will get the message that the tactics of helping out their mates in Whitehall and screwing over Northern towns (ie. anywhere above bloody Birmingham) *cough*HS2*cough* is not good at all.
- And the most hopeful of all- that the Labour party will get off their arse and give a viable alternative to the right wing bollocks everyone is fed up with. At least give us a bit more of a choice here.
- If there is a No outcome, but Scotland gain greater devolved powers, then can Scottish MPs really have the same say in Westminster as other MPs anymore?
- If there is a Yes outcome what will happen to the 2015 elections?
- What time scale is involved here? i.e. will it be immediate or will it take years and years. Or has no one a real clue?
spare a thought for all the low-income people in england, wales and northern ireland tomorrow who will be waiting to see if they will be left with a perpetual tory government
music is such a fuckin… wide, ever expanding thing and if you’re limiting yourself to one genre, especially one represented by old/dead white dudes, then I honestly do feel bad for you
spooky orientations for halloween:
support nonbinary people who aren’t completely androgynous
support femme trans men
support masculine trans women
just because someone doesn’t fit into the stereotype of their identity doesn’t mean they aren’t valid
i always assume the worst of men and let them gradually prove themselves to me
*university voice* unfortunately… we have too much money… so we have to raise tuition so we can build a place to keep all the other money in… so sorry unavoidable
My Least Favorite Trope (and this post will include spoilers for The Lego Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, Western Civilization, and—cod help me—Bulletproof Monk*.) is the thing where there’s an awesome, smart, wonderful, powerful female character who by all rights ought to be the Chosen One and the hero of the movie, who is tasked with taking care of some generally ineffectual male character who is, for reasons of wish fulfillment, actually the person the film focuses on. She mentors him, she teaches him, and she inevitably becomes his girlfriend… and he gets the job she wanted: he gets to be the Chosen One even though she’s obviously far more qualified. And all he has to do to get it and deserve it is Man Up and Take Responsibility.
And that’s it. Every god-damned time. The mere fact of naming the films above and naming the trope gives away the entire plot and character arc of every single movie."
White men can take nations but they can’t take a joke